Geoffrey Onditi, Kenya
Geoffrey Ondong'a Onditi is a Radio Producer currently working with the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), Kenya’s biggest and oldest media house. At KBC, Geoffrey produces programmes for two radio services, KBC English Service and KBC Idhaa ya Taifa which broadcasts in Swahili. He produces a variety of programmes but has a special inclination to agriculture. For example, he is part of a production team that produces the most popular agricultural show in Kenya, Mali Shambani, which literally means "wealth in the farm" in Swahili.
At same time, Geoffrey has been contributing to Agfax since 2008 after receiving training in Mombasa, Kenya, on better science reporting from WRENmedia. He credits the training with helping to improve his reporting skills, especially at finding stories that can encourage people to treat agriculture as a means of earning income.
Agriculture, environment, science, and social issues
Address: Box 30456-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 2031 8823 (office) +254 724 504 589 (mobile)
- In 2008, Mali Shambani, which he co-produces, was named the most popular programme in Kenya
Training and qualifications:
- Diploma in Mass Communication from the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC)
- Currently studying for a Communications Degree
To be notified when new Agfax reports come online, write your email address in the box below.
Geoffrey's latest audio
- Improving yields through local crop breeding
- Tree planting to boost farm production
- Coffee leaf rust - spreading to highland areas
- Attracting young people to farming
- Medicinal trees - worth more standing
- Kenya's hi-tech weapon in pest control
- Tephrosia - effective organic tick control
- Cassava - the drought beater
- Moving from maize to potatoes
- High energy feed from a dangerous weed