Chris Kakunta, Zambia
Chris is based in Lusaka, and works for the National Agricultural Information Services (NAIS) where he has been a journalist reporting on agriculture and rural development since 1993. Recent work has included reporting from Bangladesh on integrated fish farming and adapting to climate change. Chris has also reported extensively on genetic modification, Zambian biosafety laws, and the role of the media in agricultural development.
Agriculture, health, climate change, gender, children, and biotechnology, especially genetic engineering
Address: National Agricultural Information Services (NAIS), P.O. Box 50698, Ridgeway, Lusaka, Zambia
- 2010 Best Print Media Award in Science and Technology Category
- Covered USAID funded projects in Bangladesh
- Worked with NGOs such as Care International, Children International, Plan International and Education Development Centre as a media consultant
Training and qualifications:
- Certificate in General Agriculture
- Diploma in Journalism
- Trainer of Trainers in Rural Broadcasting
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies (soon to graduate)
- Trainer of Trainers in Reporting Science
To be notified when new Agfax reports come online, write your email address in the box below.
Chris' latest audio