Winnie Onyimbo, Kenya
Winnie has spent the last seven years as a radio producer for Trans World Radio in Kenya, where her responsibilities span the full range of programme making, from interviewing and editing to presenting and producing. Beyond this, she is involved with Media for Environment, Science, Health and Agriculture (MESHA), an association of specialist communicators.
Agriculture, health and sanitation
Address: Trans World Radio - Africa Challenge, Kamburu Drive, Off Ngong Road, PO Box 21514 - 00505, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 203 873 920 (office), +254 720 667 830 (mobile)
- 2008 WASH award winner from the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative council (WSSCC) for her feature 'Disease in a bottle'. The feature highlighted the health risks that residents in Kenya's largest slum, Kibera, face when they consume contaminated and illegally connected water
Training and qualifications:
- BA in communication from Daystar University in Nairobi
Winnie on the web:
- Agriculture in a changing climate
- Aid or insurance for Africa's farmers?
- Women's rights and access to land in Africa
- Disease in a bottle
To be notified when new Agfax reports come online, write your email address in the box below.
Winnie's latest audio
- Healthy feed for dairy cattle
- Saving money to fund adaptation
- Cardboard coffins - saving trees, soils and money
- Cassava for the livestock feed industry
- Disease-free seed for yam farmers
- Defending widows' rights to land
- Women's right to land - driving agricultural progress?
- Protecting cowpeas in storage
- Jos plateau partnership for animal health
- Vegetable growing in the slums