Business hubs for dairy farmers
Selling milk from dairy cows and goats can be an excellent business for small-scale farmers. Recently, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has established a project in three East African countries, which aims to double the income of one million rural people, through small-scale dairying. Dr Amos Omore from the International Livestock Research Institute explains more to Pius Sawa.
You are free to use the audio files for personal or public use. If used in a radio broadcast, please credit the correspondent who submitted the report, with Agfax as the source. Audio items may be edited as required, so long as the meaning of any sections used is not distorted from that intended by the speaker. If you are in any doubt, please contact us and we will be happy to advise.
To be notified when new Agfax reports come online, write your email address in the box below.
- Healthy feed for dairy cattle
- Storing feed for year-round milk production
- Farming information by mobile phone
- Community abattoir - making more from meat
- Making rangelands secure - the learning journey begins
- Making rangelands secure - reflections on a journey of learning
- Tephrosia - effective organic tick control