Agribusiness - inspiring the next generation
How can Africa’s young people be inspired and equipped to become skilled and successful farmers and agri-business entrepreneurs? Delegates at the African Green Revolution Forum in Arusha give their views, including the need to teach agri-business in schools, rural, agricultural training centres for school leavers, and use of social media and ICT to engage young people with agricultural information. Other suggestions include giving young agricultural graduates access to government farmland, and government support for loan facilities targeted at young people, to provide start-up capital.
You are free to use the audio files for personal or public use. If used in a radio broadcast, please credit the correspondent who submitted the report, with Agfax as the source. Audio items may be edited as required, so long as the meaning of any sections used is not distorted from that intended by the speaker. If you are in any doubt, please contact us and we will be happy to advise.
To be notified when new Agfax reports come online, write your email address in the box below.
- Tree planting to boost farm production
- From subsistence farming to agri-business
- Online knowledge bank to combat plant pests
- Cassava - surviving in the face of climate change
- Attracting, training and empowering young farmers
- Making nitrogen fertiliser the natural way
- Charcoal from bamboo - the greener option